Exploratory testing has become one of the most important methods of software testing lately. This method consists of an approach in which software testers are involved in minimum planning and maximum test execution. Exploratory testing in agile is a key activity as it helps the testers to keep up and stay updated with the rapid pace of the agile software development process. It is important that software developers conduct ET to improve the quality of their software.
Outsource2india has been providing quality exploratory software testing services to global software companies. Outsourcing exploratory testing services to us can help companies develop their software at a faster rate and at cost-effective prices. We make use of some of the latest software testing tools and our skilled team can help you develop efficient software within a short time.
Exploratory Testing Services We Provide
Outsource2india has been providing quality software testing services to numerous global software clients for almost two decades now. Our expertise in this field is unmatched and we provide the best-in-industry services to all our clients. We understand the importance of ET and hence provide our services accordingly. Some of the key services we offer include -
This service involves the categorization of different types of bugs found in previous versions of software, followed by finding the apt way to test the application for these defects, and finally analyzing the main reason behind these defects in the application.
This is one of the key steps in the exploratory software testing method and involves preparing a systematic schedule of what needs to be tested, which are the different aspects to be tested, how these steps will be carried out, etc. Here, our software testers will begin by analyzing all the different test ideas.
Fixed Time Testing
In this step, our software testers test the software application for a fixed amount of time without any kind of interruptions. This is usually done in groups and enables them to analyze different aspects of an application from multiple angles. Testers can test the appropriate outcome and understand the application's response.
Analyzing Test Results
Our software testing analysis team at Outsource2india is trained to analyze the test results after all the tests are carried out. This helps to learn more about the software application and review different coverage areas.
Test Result Compilation
This is done by our expert team after all the major tests are completed. The results are compiled and sorted in a systematic manner and, after compilation, the results are compared with the original charter to check whether any further testing is needed or not.
Overview of Our Exploratory Testing
This methodology of testing is adopted for clients interested in outsourcing QC activity for an application that is already built.
- Based on their domain knowledge and technical expertise, our testers explore the application to find bugs/ faults in it
- Here, test cases are not created in advance, but testers check the system on the fly. The focus of exploratory testing is more on testing as a "thinking" activity
- Exploratory testing is a simultaneous process of test design and test execution all done at the same time
- Exploratory testing is also complementary to test automation, i.e., while automated checks are checking for regression issues, exploratory testing focuses on new features that have been developed
- Exploratory testing is not random testing but is ad-hoc testing with the purpose of finding bugs
- Exploratory testing is structured and rigorous
- Exploratory testing is cognitively (thinking) structured as compared to the procedural structure of scripted testing. This structure comes from Charter, time boxing, etc.
- Exploratory testing is highly teachable and manageable
- Exploratory testing is not a technique, but it is an approach. What actions we perform next is governed by what we are doing currently
Our Exploratory Testing Process
Exploratory test preparation, also called session-based test management (SBTM Cycle) goes through the following 5 stages detailed below -
Create a Bug Taxonomy (classification)
- Categorize common types of faults found in past projects
- Analyze the root cause of the problems or faults
- Find the risks and develop ideas to test the application
- Test Charter should suggest
- what to test
- how it can be tested
- What needs to be looked
- Test ideas are the starting point of exploration testing
- Test charter helps determine how the end-user could use the system
- This method includes a pair of testers working together for not less than 90 minutes
- There should not be any interruption in the 90-minute sessions
- Timebox can be extended or reduced by 45 minutes
- This session encourages testers to react to the response from the system and prepare for the correct outcome
- Evaluation of the defects
- Learning from the testing
- Analysis of coverage areas
- Compilation of the output results
- Compare the results with the charter
- Check whether any additional testing is needed
As an example, during exploratory execution, Outsource2India's testers perform the following tasks -
- Make the mission of the testing very clear
- Keep notes on what needs to be tested, why it needs to be tested, and the assessment of the product quality
- Track questions and issues raised during exploratory testing
- Pair up the testers for effective testing
- The more we test, the more likely we are to execute right test cases for the required scenarios
We also ensure that we take every document and monitor the following -
- Test Coverage
- Test Execution Log
Key Benefits of Exploratory Testing
There are many benefits of exploratory testing, including -
- Effectiveness in finding critical bugs
- Testing dynamic products
- Involve the investigation to detect additional bugs
- Accelerate bug detection
- Overcome test automation by the effectiveness
- Previous results can be used for future testing
- Possible to apply if there are no requirement documents
Exploratory Testing Tools We Use
We believe in providing the best-quality services and customer experience to our customers within a short time without compromising on the quality. This is possible when we make use of some of the latest software testing tools and technologies. Our team is capable of working on several testing tools. Some of them are listed here -
Other Services You Can Benefit From
Benefits of Outsourcing Exploratory Testing Solutions to Us
We, at Outsource2india, have the required tools, skills and resources to provide our clients with top-quality services. We are known as a leading company providing exploratory testing in India and serving clients from different parts of the world. Some of the reasons for you to choose us include -
We have a highly skilled team that is trained to work with some of the latest exploratory testing tools and technologies to provide the best exploratory testing services.
We provide the best-in-industry exploratory testing services at affordable prices which help companies to save valuable time and money.
We provide our exploratory testing services within a quick turnaround time and ensure that our client's schedules are not affected in any way.
We ensure that all the data and exploratory testing software applications you share with us are completely safe and not leaked to any third-party.
Latest Exploratory Testing Techniques
Our team is skilled in working on the latest exploratory testing tools and technologies and keeping abreast of the trending and specialized exploratory testing methodologies.
As a top exploratory testing services company, we have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure at our delivery centers which enables us to provide the best exploratory testing and ad hoc testing services.
We are a top exploratory testing service provider and have a team that is knowledgeable about different domains and is capable of testing applications from a wide range of verticals.
Client Success Stories
SOA and Web Testing Services Provided to a Leading Financial Institution
A leading financial institution was looking for SOA and web testing services for their student loan website. Our team provided high-quality services within a quick time.Read more
Quality Assurance Services Provided to a Montreal-based IT Company
O2I was contacted by a Montreal-based IT company to test 130 websites across 4 different browsers. We performed a number of tests involving 280 scenarios.Read more
Outsource Exploratory Testing Services to Us
I want to take a moment to thank you for all the services your team has provided. Your team has been a pleasure to work with and be professional and timely.Spokesperson,
Video Marketing company in Chicago More Testimonials »
Outsource2india is a leading provider of exploratory testing services in India and abroad and has been serving global clients for 24 years. Our vast experience of having worked with clients from different verticals has made us capable of handling software from different domains and types. We understand the benefits of exploratory testing very well and provide quick and cost-effective services that help clients save on costs and reduce software development time considerably.
If you are looking for a reliable, accurate, quick, efficient, and cost-effective exploratory testing service providing company, then you have come to the right place. Get in touch with our executives today and have the best experience!
Analysis Business Modeling
Process at O2I Software
Development Expertise Software
Development Team Project
Quality Standards Clinical Trial
Software Development Telecom
Software Viral Marketing
Game Development Application
Development Process Technical
Analysis Process e-Learning
Solutions Process Project
Management Process Tools & Technologies J2EE
Programming Service Oriented
- Outsource2india Enabled a Hospital Chain in the US to Streamline Internal Communication Via a Top-notch Team App
- Outsource2india Provided Excellent Workday Support Services to a US-based Real-Estate Client
- Outsource2india Empowered a Dubai-based Client to Streamline Workflow with Outstanding SN App Integrations
- Outsource2india Developed a Ticketing Software Using ServiceNow for a US-based Firm
- Outsource2india Helped a Data Analytics Company with Power BI Solutions
- Outsource2india Provided ServiceNow Solutions to a UAE-based Logistics Firm
Exploratory Testing Services FAQs
Why do we do exploratory testing?
We perform exploratory testing to check functionalities in a random manner. A tester investigates and studies the system to coin out the test cases.
How do you do exploratory testing?
You perform exploratory testing by creating a bug taxonomy, creating a test charter, performing a time box, reviewing results, and debriefing.
Where are exploratory tests used?
Exploratory testing is useful when requirement documents are not available or only partially available. It involves an investigative process that helps find more bugs than normal testing.