Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes in Medical Transcription
O2I offers medical coding or medical classification services to put procedural codes for each medical diagnosis description while offering medical transcription services. The CPT codes or Current Procedural Terminology Codes are provided by the American Medical Association for the purpose of accurately describing all types of medical/surgical/diagnostic services in numeric terms. The healthcare experts at O2I take the relevant information from a range of sources like medical records, transcription of doctors' notes and lab results amongst others to accurately put the right code for each file. The AMA continuously works to offer the most up-to-date codes that are followed nationally.
CPA coding is a part of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System. (Read more on HCPCS codes in healthcare). This system is a uniform method that healthcare providers and medical suppliers follow, to accurately designate professional services, procedures, and supplies.
Advantages of CPT Coding in Medical Transcription:
- Easy tracking: With proper indexing and CPT coding of your medical files, it becomes extremely easy to track diseases and related diagnosis from even a very large database of records.
- Faster analysis: Healthcare physicians and statistical organizations can quickly search for simple to complex cases and analyze them. This knowledge can help healthcare physicians in accurately diagnosing and treating the symptoms at hand.
- Healthcare financing: This coding mechanism is widely used by all healthcare insurance firms to identify the exact disease and offer reimbursement accordingly. The process becomes more efficient and the medical carriers are able to offer correct amounts based on the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) regulations.
- Common codes for all needs: With precise coding of medical records, the information sharing among healthcare physicians, surgeons, patients, accreditation organizations, insurance organizations and financial reimbursement organizations becomes consistent.
The Three Types of CPT Codes (5-digit numeric codes):
- Category I CPT Codes
- Category II CPT Codes for performance measurement
- Category III CPT Codes for emerging technologies
TAT 98% Accuracy 40% Cost Reduction 300+ Customers 24 years Experience
Customer-oriented healthcare outsourcing is our forte. Get in touch with us
Outsource2india's CPT Coding in Medical Transcription Services
At Outsource2india, we comply with CPT coding, and purchase the CPT code book from AMA every year when the codes are revised. After studying each case our transcription and healthcare BPO specialist place the most precise CPT code. We do not put approximate codes. If there is any confusion while assigning the CPT codes, we confirm the code with the client before putting the final code. We have an automated tool and an elaborate CPT codes glossary for frequently used terms that makes the process of finding the right codes faster. We have years of experience in offering healthcare BPO and several global healthcare organizations trust us for outsourcing medical transcription services, outsourcing medical billing services, CPT billing codes and CPT coding services.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association (http://www.ama-assn.org/).
If you would like to outsource CPT coding or medical transcription work to save time and costs, and to make your process accurate please fill our inquiry form and our Customer Engagement Team will contact you within 24 hours.
Avail best-in-class services at affordable rates
Get a FREE QUOTE!
Decide in 24 hours whether outsourcing will work for you.
Have specific requirements? Email us at:
116 Village Blvd, Suite 200, Princeton, NJ 08540
Flatworld Mortgage Solutions LLC
116 Village Blvd, Suite 220, Princeton, NJ 08540
135 Camino Dorado, Suite 7, Napa, CA 94588.
Software At O2I Healthcare
Specialties HIPAA Compliance HIPAA 5010
Standards Compliance CPT Coding
Billing Process Charge
Entry Process Medical
Coding Process Medical
Claims Process FAQs on Medical Accounts
Receivable Services FAQs on Outsourcing
Claims Adjudication Services Medical
Transcription Process HL7 ICD-10 Compliance
- US-based Healthcare Research & Consulting Firm Approached O2I For Medical Transcription Services
- Outsource2india Provided Patient Onboarding Services to a Leading Healthcare Company
- Outsource2india Assisted a Florida-based Medical Billing Company with ICD-10 Implementation
- Caribbean Radiologists Got STAT Reports Automation Services from Outsource2india
- Outsource2india Helped a Medical Imaging Firm with Quick Teleradiology Services
- O2I Processed Over 3000 Encounters Related to Rehabilitation Care for a Group of Physicians from Indianapolis