Should You Outsource Call Center Services to India or Philippines?
A couple of decades ago, when companies had to outsource their call center services overseas, the first and the only country that came to their mind used to be India. But this is not the case anymore. Philippines, a small Southeast Asian country has now emerged as one of the preferred call center outsourcing destinations in the world. India and Philippines have a reputation of providing top-quality services at highly cost-effective rates.
However, the competition between the two countries is getting tougher every year. The rate at which Philippines has grown over the past decade is staggering. An industry which was estimated to be worth $9 billion in 2010 in Philippines is now expected to hit a massive $55 billion by the year 2020. This exponential growth is due to the availability of skilled resources with cheap labor costs, stable infrastructure, and encouraging government policies.
Call Center Industry in India
The outsourcing industry in India is well-established and has been stably operating for a long time now. India tops the list of the world's most preferred outsourcing destinations. Some of the key points which favor the call center industry in India include -
- With revenues amounting to about $153 billion in the year 2012, it is expected to grow at a rate of 35% every year
- Offshoring call center services to India remains the most attractive proposition for any company in the world, as it is flanked by Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities. The advantage of such cities is that real estate is highly affordable and it is easier to set up an office here
- The availability of a highly talented pool of resources, state-of-the-art infrastructure, latest tools and technologies, and favorable government policies have helped call center industry flourish in India
- The outsourcing service providers in India offer a wide range of services including inbound call centers, outbound call centers, multi-channel support, chat support, email support, technical support services, etc.
Call Center Staffing CalculatorCalculate staffing & costing for your project
Outsource2india presents one-of-its-kind and user friendly FREE Online Call Center Staffing Calculator. We have tried to make this calculator, concise, easy-to-use, and informative. It helps you calculate your call center outsourcing cost with least possible inputs. Hope this Call Center Staffing Calculator met your requirements and gave you an efficient experience and result. In case you need more information about our Call Center Staffing Calculator, please refer to our user guide
Call Center Industry in Philippines
The call center industry in Philippines is growing at an exponential rate over the past decade, as is providing a tough competition to many countries across the globe. Some of the points which favor outsourcing call center services to Philippines include -
- With the rate at which it is growing, it is expected to be worth $55 billion by the year 2020. A few years ago no one would have even imagined that Philippines can be a competition to India in the call center outsourcing domain!
- Having been an American colony in the past, Philippines follow a westernized culture and natives here speak fluent American English, a reason that has served Filipinos a huge advantage
- The average age of the Filipino population is about 24 years and most of them are just graduated out of college. This young and dynamic age group is exactly what the call center industry prefers
- The government is very supportive and readily invests in new infrastructure and facilities for the BPO companies to flourish
- There has been huge revenue inflow into this nation and has improved its overall standard of living. Philippines has the capability to become much bigger than it is currently. There is a need to provide more knowledge-based process outsourcing which is the higher form of business process outsourcing. This year there has been an increase in the demand of KPO and this trend is expected to continue in the same manner
Our Call Center Portfolio
India or Philippines - Which is a Better Choice?
The debate of which country is better in providing call center services has been going on for a long time. Both these countries have their own way of providing services and catering to their customers. However, both the nations also have certain drawbacks associated with the call center services they provide. This makes it difficult for the global investors to choose between India and Philippines for outsourcing call center services. Some of the points which can be used to compare these countries include -
Pool of Resources
India has a huge pool of talented resources and this is one factor, which Philippines, being a smaller nation, may never be able to scale up to.
Number of Outsourcing Locations
The number of outsourcing locations in India outnumbers those in Philippines and this is one of the major factors that make it difficult for Philippines to overtake India.
Call centers have certainly brought in enormous revenue for these countries, have improved the economies, and have also helped in improving the standard of living for the BPO employees in both the countries.
When it comes to the quality of calls from BPOs in Philippines, it is doing much better than those in India at the moment. The inclination towards using American English is definitely the main driving factor in this case.
When it comes to the technical aspect of the services, India is definitely way ahead of Philippines right now. The number and quality of technical experts in India outnumber the ones in Philippines.
Keeping in mind all these factors, one can undoubtedly say that, today, India leads the call center outsourcing game by a huge margin.
The call center industry in Philippines is also flourishing fast and is only second to India in the race. Read more about our call center services in Philippines.
Read an article Can Manila Follow India’s Outsourcing Success Story?
Call Center Software We Use
Be it India or Philippines Outsource2india Can Help You
Outsource2india is a leading call center services provider in India, successfully providing call center support to clients from different regions, backgrounds, and cultures in multiple languages for over 25 years. We have call centers with experienced contact center executives in India as well as Philippines. Depending on the client's requirement, the expertise needed for the project, and the timelines, we suggest clients the most suitable delivery center.
We have the required infrastructure and skilled resources to provide a variety of call center services including inbound call center services, outbound call center services, chat support, email support, phone support, technical support, telemarketing services, etc.
If you are looking for a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective call center service provider, then you have come to the right place. Get in touch with us today!
Outsourcing Works? Call Center
Testimonials Call Center
Transparency Call Center
Training Process Get the O2I Call
Center Advantage Multilingual
Call Centers Bilingual
Call Centers Hispanic Call
Center Services Spanish Inbound
Call Center Spanish Outbound
Call Center Spanish
Technical Support Spanish Telemarketing
- O2I delivered exceptional appointment setting services for a leading US-based franchisee consultant resulting to boost online contacts and conversions
- Outsource2india Delivered CCTV Surveillance Services to an Aluminum Recycling Company in the US
- Outsource2india Delivered Virtual Assistant Services to an Autism Therapy Provider
- Outsource2india’s Effective Lead Generation Services Created Tremendous Business Impact
- Provided Lead Generation Services to Company in the Medical Insurance Sector
- Outsource2india Assisted a Successful Health Supplement Providing Company with Enhanced Customer Support Solutions
Call Center Services in Philippines Hire Talented & Friendly Agents for your Call Center Read More