Case Study on Sports and Outdoor Photography for a Swedish Company
Our client, a Swedish sports and outdoor photography company, together with its suppliers, societies and associations, produces and delivers images, sourced from the junior and elite class in Sweden.
Situation - Business Need
Our client was confronted with the challenging task of delivering affordable products on time to its customers. The typical situation centered on providing affordability to customers and hence reducing operating costs was a major concern. The client decided to take a bold initiative and opt for an offshore solution. The objective was to cut down costs and ensure quality and timely delivery.
The challenges that confounded the client were typical of a firm that first looks for outsourcing as an alternative solution. The client's business needs were:
- Delivering quality products on time at affordable price to its customers
- Ensuring that the operating costs were always within budgeted norms
Besides, there were some topical issues, such as:
- Shortage of qualified and skilled resources
- Rising infrastructure cost
- Inability to maintain a 48-hour turnaround time with existing resources
For help in improving its operating model, the client turned to Outsource2india, which has proven abilities and experience in providing customized editing solutions to a worldwide clientele. The team at Outsource2india did a detailed analysis of the client's requirement and the challenges that it posed.
The client's business situation presented following challenges:
- To provide round-the-clock coverage, and ensure quick turnaround time
- To guarantee 100% quality output
- To use licensed software and optimize infrastructure maintenance
- Ensuring that we had adequate resources to meet the volume and the turnaround time
- Assigning skilled and experienced editors
- Guaranteeing 100% error free output by following strict quality control system
- Assigning a supervisor for providing prompt response to client queries
- Deploying dedicated workstations ready with the latest and licensed software applications
The Outsource2india Solution
Since Outsource2india's presence in this field spans 18 years, it had a good understanding of the business and the challenges the client faced. Outsource2india charted out a process to successfully execute the project.
The products and services that were deployed to ensure that the project was smoothly carried out were:
- Allocated adequate quality resources to the project
- Ensured complete safety to client data with the help of
Provided 4 Mbps dedicated bandwidth to the Imaging Department for quick data upload and download
Equipped 40 high-end workstations with the very latest image editing applications.
Assigned a supervisor, who could handle queries and resolve issues
- Secure VPN communication - IPSec/PPTP for data and information safety
- McAfee Enterprise Suite for virus prevention and cure to ensure that client's data remained free from viruses
- HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) and NAC (Network Access Control)
- Gateway level anti-spyware and spam filter for internet access and mail servers
- URL filter application for surf control
- Domain level access restrictions along the Group Policy
- Restricted Internet Access based on Domain Authentication
- Centralized server based storage and File system access policy based in user authentication
- The client witnessed savings of 60% per annum
- Outsource2india training program for new recruits and existing employees on new technologies helped improve efficiency
- Outsourcing the project to Outsource2india helped cut down operating costs
- The client's objective of producing affordable, quality product to its customers at quick turnaround time became a reality