HDR Image Editing for a Video Production Services Company
A leading provider of video production services and still photography services in the United States approached Outsource2india to help with HDR (high-dynamic-range imaging) image editing, including flash removal from many images. The following approach allowed the team at O2I to successfully complete this project.
The client offers a range of services including still photography, video production, and 360-degree virtual tour services to hotels and resorts, real estate properties and brokers, and construction sites. They approached O2I to perform a large-scale image editing project in less than 20 days. Their needs included:
- Editing and flash removal of HDR images within 20 days to meet specific project guidelines
- Editing of 80,000 raw images and photographs of hotels and other properties as a part of the project
- Blending of the images using HDR techniques as a part of the completion alongside flash removal
- Guarantee of quality and turnaround time, as assessed by a series of trial rounds to start the project
There were a number of challenges faced by the O2I team as a part of the completion of this particular project. These issues included:
- More than 177 folders of images, totaling 80,000 total image editing requirements had to be completed in just 20 days
- Downloading the files and accessing them remotely was a major challenge due to technical problems with the FTP being used. Because of the size of these images, there were additional challenges
- Some of the files that were included in the project did not arrive during the file transfer. The folders were present, but empty
- The number of individuals with specific HDR expertise at O2I was somewhat limited. Combined with the 20-day timeframe for completion, the team had to work quickly to pull together sufficient resources
- A single edited image took a minimum of 30 minutes to complete and feedback from the client was slow to arrive due to the FTP related issues. Feedback implementation was delayed for this reason
To tackle such a large and complicated project, the O2I team developed the following solution, including:
- 10 resources were exclusively assigned to the project for its duration
- The client provided special training as to their needs on the project. The client also provided hard disks with all of the image folders directly to the O2I offices
- Flash was removed from all images and HDR blending techniques were used to blend images in various folders
- By blending the images in a single folder, the team was able to create one output as a seamless image
- Each image was checked for the highest level of accuracy before delivery to the client
The results of this project matched the specific needs of this client, who was ultimately satisfied with the work done. By meeting both the 20-day timeline and the 95% quality benchmark set by the client, the O2I team was able to complete a complex, large project in a short period of time.
Because of the Our team's performance, the client requested that they continue to work on new live projects as well. As a result, Outsource2india was able to secure a large billing client and establish a long-term business relationship.
To learn more about our HDR image editing services or outsource similar or unique image editing requirements, contact our image editing professionals today, our team will be glad to cater to your requirements.
Get a FREE QUOTE!
Decide in 24 hours whether outsourcing will work for you.
Have specific requirements? Email us at:
116 Village Blvd, Suite 200,
Princeton, NJ 08540