Advantages and Disadvantages of Outsourcing
Outsourcing brings in a lot of flexibility and financial freedom but it also has its pitfalls. Any company looking to outsource must keep in mind the pros and cons of outsourcing before deciding to take the plunge. Take a look at this list of advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing.
Advantages of Offshore Outsourcing
Disadvantages of Offshore Outsourcing
- One of the biggest disadvantages of outsourcing is the risk of losing sensitive data and the loss of confidentiality. It is important, therefore, to have checks in place to avoid data loss.
- Losing management control of business functions mean that you may no longer be able to control operations and deliverables of activities that you outsource.
- Problems with quality can arise if the outsourcing provider doesn't have proper processes and/ or is inexperienced in working in an outsourcing relationship.
- Since the outsourcing provider may work with other customers, they might not give 100% time and attention to a single company. This may result in delays and inaccuracies in the work output.
- Hidden costs and legal problems may arise if the outsourcing terms and conditions are not clearly defined.
- If important functions are being outsourced, an organization is mightily dependent on the outsourcing provider. Risks such as bankruptcy and financial loss cannot be controlled.
- Not understanding the culture of the outsourcing provider and the location where you outsource to may lead to poor communication and lower productivity.
Though outsourcing has its share of advantages and disadvantages, the many benefits that outsourcing brings far outweigh its disadvantages.
Many of the pitfalls of outsourcing can be avoided by choosing the right company to work with. Before taking the decision to outsource it is important that you align the goals of your company and employee considerations with the objectives of outsourcing.
Get in touch with Outsource2india to explore opportunities in outsourcing.
Would you be interested in talking to us about your requirements?
Would you be interested in reading more?
The Benefits of Outsourcing – why you should consider it and how it can help you.
Getting work done in-house or externally – what is best for your organization?
Keep up with the latest news in the world of outsourcing.
Expert opinions on how outsourcing will shape up this year.
What is it? How does it help you? Get to know more about job outsourcing here.