Case study - Technical Drafting & Drawing Services For An Architectural Firm in Canada
- A leading architectural firm, based in Canada, dealing primarily in the implementation of government projects
- Looking for an offshore partner to whom they could outsource architectural drawing
- Considering a long-term partner plan that would efficiently handle any increase in the volume of work and sudden spikes in drafting and drawing work-load
We faced numerous challenges in coming up with the perfect solution for the client. Some of the challenges facing us were:
- To be the best, most reliable long-term offshore solution for our client
- To exhibit our high-level architectural drafting experience, so as to convince the client that we could deliver top-quality drawings on short notice
- To prove that we kept abreast of Canadian building codes and standards, and had deep understanding of the end-client's expectations
We undertook several steps to meet the challenges posed by this architectural drawing project:
- Engaging an experienced team of 2 technical drafters—with one on standby for sudden spikes in work load
- Ensuring quality control checks as part of each process—including review of completed architectural drawings by multiple quality control managers
- Ensuring that each task was personally checked by the CAD manager as part of the final QC process
- Using AutoCAD, 3DS Max and occasionally Photoshop
Our hard work assured that the client was satisfied with our quality and timely work. Our actions resulted in:
- Huge cost savings: the client was able to save at least $5,000 per month—roughly 50% of the cost of getting the task completed in Canada.
- Quick turnaround time: we ensured that the drawings were completed and delivered before the client woke up the next morning because of India's unique time-zone advantage.
- High quality work: the team of drafters specially hired for the project ensured that we delivered high-quality architectural drawings, even for tasks that had to be completed on short notice.
- Client satisfaction: the client was completely satisfied with our commitment, professionalism and flexibility.
- Benefits for client: the firm is now able to focus on business growth, without having to worry about any operational tasks, which are being efficiently handled by Outsource2india.