The electronics manufacturing service (EMS) market remains a highly dynamic market, driven mainly by the consumer electronics and communication sector. Evolving consumer choices are the prime driving force behind the strategic innovation and flexibility that is developing in the consumer electronics market. Consumer electronics manufacturers are subject to constant pressure from the ever-changing market dynamics, influenced by demand and supply.
Today’s marketplace for electronic goods – right from communication devices to industrial controls – demands sophisticated functionality, innovation, reliability and value within compact mechanical engineering design footprints. The intense competition faced by the players in the industry is forcing them to enhance their value proposition and offer integrated end–to-end solutions. In this highly dynamic, volatile situation, outsourcing destinations like India are helping consumer electronic manufacturers stay ahead of the intense global competition.
Outsource2india’s Mechanical Engineering Services Applicable to the Consumer Electronics Domain
The key functional areas in which we have experience are as follows:
- Concept design and development, including industrial design and product design
- Embedded design services
- Designing functional product packaging, mold design
- Development support from concept to prototype
- Firmware and software development for customer-specific applications
- Creating precise materials and component specifications
- Rapid prototyping of packaging and PCB designs throughout the design process
Our qualified mechanical engineers are experienced to meet global requirements at many fronts. For one, they are able to carry out product development in conformance with international standards such as UL, CE, CSA, TUV and CENELEC. Our engineers also have extensive familiarity with industry standards, both existing and emerging. Being quick in prototyping technology validation, they are capable of providing product development support – right from concept to testing to manufacturing.
Outsource2india provides offshore mechanical engineering services applicable to the consumer electronics industry. Engineers at Outsource2india are fully equipped to provide the full range of integrated modeling, simulation, visualization and communication tools, including PCB packaging, housing design, thermal analysis and ECAD integration capabilities. These are required by electronic products manufacturers to design better products faster and at a lower cost.
Skill set - Hardware
- PCB Design: CadStar, Cadence Allegro, PCAD, ORCAD, Altium designer
- FPGA based development in VHDL / Verilog: Altera, Xilinx
- Protocols / interfaces: RS232, RS422, RS485, RF, Ethernet 10/100, GPS, GSM, GPRS, WLAN, cPCI, TCP / IP, MODBUS, PROFIBUS, CANopen, IrDA, Zigbee and proprietary protocols
Skill sets - Software
- Assembly language programming
- Web enabling embedded devices
- Cantata ++, Chipview, RTRT
- COM / DCOM
- Design and analysis using rational tools
Development Tools Used at Outsource2india
- TI MSP development suite
- DSP Development Station (TI 5x DSPs)
- FPGA Tools: Xilinx, Altera Platforms, EDK tools
- GPS / GSM / GPRS / WLAN development setup
- Matlab, Simulik, tool boxes
- Cadence Allegro v15.0 (Concept HDL, Allegro PCB Studio)
- PCAD 2004, ORCAD 9.1Cadstar, Dx Designer, Altium
Benefits of Partnering with Outsource2india
- Reduced time-to-market
- Reduced development costs
- Stronger platform to approach newer markets
Our services for the consumer electronics industry are in strict adherence to international quality standards, thus enabling our customers to reap the benefits of optimal design and superior performance.
Contact us to know more about our mechanical engineering services in the consumer electronics domain.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.