Outsourcing CAE - Modal Analysis
If a product has components that are noisy, exhibit unwanted vibratory behavior, or experiences unexpected vibrations, a Modal Analysis would help us understand where the problem might be coming from.
Through Vibration Modal Analyses we help determine a structure's natural frequencies or resonance frequencies (also called eigenvalues) and mode shapes (called eigenvectors).
Advantages of Outsourcing Modal Analyses to O2I
- Wide industry experience in analysis of large structures with complex joints or structural members
- Engineers with expertise in Modal FEA, experimental vibration and modal testing
- Proficient in using Bruel and Kjaer, Prosig and Agilent testing systems with a wide variety of transducers
- Exposure to noise testing and analyses in conjunction with modal and thermo-structural FEA
Modal Analysis Methodology at O2I
To carry out modal analyses, it is important to accurately model stiffness, mass, damping and mass distribution to reflect the structure's modal behavior. Our experience in experimental modal analysis and vibration testing of components help us understand the behavior of joints, contact conditions and other behavior to model behavior of structures. Analyses of mode shapes and natural frequencies are carried out and subjected to quality checks to ensure correctness of modeling.
If the structure experiences excitation at or near the resonance frequencies, the amplitude of vibration during oscillation or rotation can be large and can pose danger to the product life and to people in the vicinity of the structure. In such cases, vibration Modal Analyses are conducted and suggestions are usually made to change the structure's stiffness, mass or damping to:
- Control the amplitude during resonance to a minimum, or
- Shift the region of resonance to outside the region of intended use / excitation of the product
Outsource your Engineering Services to O2I
Contact O2I with your requirements for a quick quote.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SAMPLES
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.