10 Tips on Outsourcing any Business Process to India
Are you spending several dollars on work which can be completed in rupees during this current economic condition? Outsourcing your projects to India can help you save on cost and out beat your competition in the market. Both as an individual and as a business, you can benefit from outsourcing to an emerging economy like India and make significant savings on money and time. Outsourcing, if handled properly can put your business on the road to success.
Here are ten tips on how to make you outsourcing venture successful and get quality work from your Indian vendor:
- Check your vendors' background before outsourcing: Don't go with the very first vendor that you come across. Choose a vendor who has completed at least a couple of projects and who has successfully completed projects that are similar to the one you are planning on outsourcing. There are plenty of websites such as ODesk, Elance, RentACoder that have rating tests that you can download and send to your Indian vendor. You can check your vendor's credibility after he takes the test.
- Outsource a small project: Start by outsourcing a small portion of your work. Your vendor might take time to get started, so it is better to divide the work into chunks and clearly communicate your expectations to your vendor. Outsourcing a small project at first can also give you a fair idea on whether your vendor will be able to handle your work. While choosing a vendor, choose the one that asks more questions when compared to the vendor who does not ask questions, as a vendor who does not ask questions may not provide quality work to you or may be inconsiderate to your needs.
- Hire the right vendor: While choosing an offshore vendor, a good tip to keep in mind is not to go by the lowest bid. Sometimes the vendor who charges the least may not be right person for the job. By all means, negotiate the cost with your customer, but finally choose the right vendor for the job.
- Assert the intellectual property rights of your project: While getting the outsourcing project written, ensure that the contract includes an ownership clause that clearly tells your vendor that you own the full rights of the work once you have made your payments. This is very critical, as you can avoid copyright problems later on.
- Share the vision of your project: Though you may outsource chunks of your project, be sure to share the vision of your project to your vendor. This can give your vendor a better perspective on what he is working for and also help in the smooth functioning of your project. By sharing the goals of your project, your vendor can work towards them and provide you with better results.
- Ask your vendor for status reports on a regular basis: Set up a schedule for regular status reports from your vendor. This will help you keep a track of the project and will also keep your offshore vendor motivated. Instead of reviewing your work at the end of the project, you will find it easier to review the work in steps.
- Test and retest your deliverables before paying: Before making the final payments to your customer, ensure that you test and restest the completed work for flaws. Also ask your offshore vendor if he can provide you with support for a few weeks or months after the project has been completed.
- Email important instructions: Although it is easier to call or chat with your vendor and communicate what you expect out of the project, it is always better to email important instructions so that you have a proof and your vendor cannot deny them. If important instructions are conveyed through a phone call or through chat, your vendor can always deny it or say that the information was somehow lost.
- Communicate in real time: You vendor's time zone might be very different from yours, but set aside sometime when you and your vendor can communicate in real time. This is especially necessary during critical situations. You could also choose a vendor, based on a time zone that is convenient to you.
- Freelancers or outsourcing companies: When outsourcing, you can choose to outsource your work to freelancers or to an outsourcing firm. Both have their pros and cons. While freelancers might be better motivated and will only take up work which they can handle, outsourcing firms can handle a large volume of work, but may not be as dedicated as a freelancer. Depending on the requirements of your project, you can choose between a freelancer and an outsourcing firm.
Outsource these 3 business processes to India
Call Center Services: Are you losing out on potential customers because of insufficient customer support? Are your existing customers unhappy because of poor call center services? Customer support is a business process that can be easily outsourced to India. An Indian call center like Outsource2india can provide you with 24/7 voice, chat and email support at half your current operating cost. Not only will you see an increase in business, but your customers both new and old, will be so happy with your efficient customer support, that they will continue to give your company repeat business. Whether you require inbound support, telemarketing or live chat support, Outsource2india can provide you with all this and more.
Bookkeeping Services: Bookkeeping, if not a part of your core business, can be a tiresome task to handle on a regular basis. However, accurate books are critical to the financial well being of your organization. Outsourcing your bookkeeping tasks to Outsource2india can give you access to regularly updated books at an extremely low cost. Outsource2india has a team of expert accountants, who are skilled at general ledger maintenance, preparing sales reports, maintaining accounts payable/receivables, preparing balance sheets and preparing cash flow statements amongst others. Start getting access to affordable and accurate bookkeeping on a 24/7 basis.
Transcription Services: If you wondering how you can keep a written record of the hundreds of meeting, seminars and conferences that you attend, transcription is the answer. Outsource2india is one of India's leading providers of transcription services and can provide you with 99% accurate transcripts of your audio/video files at a low cost. All you have to do is send in your audio files and you will have your transcripts ready within 6 to 12 hours. With Outsource2india's cutting-edge transcription services, you can have your important information at your fingertips. O2I specializes in legal, business, audio/video and foreign language transcription.