7 Tips on Outsourcing to India
India is the world's most preferred destination when it comes to outsourcing. A large pool of talented resources, low costs, fluency in English and the use of the latest in technology have made India a favourite offshore destination.
If you are a first-time outsourcer to India, you might be a worried if you will be able to make a success of your outsourced project. Here are 7 tips that can help you get started with outsourcing your business processes to India.
- Identify your core business processes: Define the core business processes and noncore activities of your company. You core processes are best managed in-house, as you can give your complete attention to them. The noncore activities of your company, though important, maybe robbing you of money, resources and time that you could otherwise invest into growing your business. You can consider outsourcing such tasks to a vendor in India. With bookkeeping, payroll, software development or customer support out of your hand, you will see a sharp increase in your company's growth.
- Choose an experienced offshore vendor: You will find thousands of offshore vendors in India ready to take on you work, but don't be in a hurry to go with the very first vendor you come across. The success of your project solely depends on the vendor you choose, so it would be better if you spend some time on this. Once you have finalized on a couple of vendors, interview them and ask all the questions that you have in mind. Also check their references and ask them to give you a few contacts that have already outsourced work to them. Finally, choose a vendor who you think can handle your work the best.
- Choose skills/expertise over price: It is also important not to choose a vendor solely based on price, as the cheapest vendor you find might not be best vendor for your project. Check the skills and expertise of vendor and then check on the cost factor.
- Describe the scope and schedule of your project: Tell your offshore vendor what you exactly require from the project. Share your schedule and the scope of the work that you are going to outsource. You could also ask your vendor to provide you with a free trial, so that you can get a fair idea of your vendor's accuracy, speed and turnaround time. Before the onset of the project, make it clear to your vendor that you want to stick by your schedule and that you would not tolerate any time delays.
- Define clear time lines: If your vendor is not able to complete the work within the required time line, tell your vendor that he would have to pay compensation. This will make your offshore vendor more responsible towards completing your work on time.
- Check for security and confidentiality: Insist on signing a Non Disclosure Agreement at the onset of the project. Ask your vendor about the security measures that have been taken. Insist on the need to keep your data confidential and completely secure.
- Ask for continual support: Ask your offshore vendor for support even after the completion of your project, as you might require a certain amount of maintenance or support even after your work has been completed. Draft a support clause with your vendor so that you can be sure of support once the project comes to an end.
Delegate non core activities to stay competitive
Bookkeeping Services: Are your mundane bookkeeping tasks robbing you of time and resources that you could otherwise invest into your core competencies? If you want to cut down on operating costs, resources and time, why not consider outsourcing your bookkeeping requirements? At Outsource2india, we can help you handle all your accounting needs – accounts payables/receivables, financial reporting, accounts reconciliation and more. With us as your bookkeeping partner, you can be assured of accuracy, speed and a fast TAT.
Data Entry Services: Performing data entry on a daily basis can be very tedious and monotonous. Accurate data entry would also require hiring skilled data entry operators and investing in software. You can do away with these worries by outsourcing data entry to Outsource2india. As our customer, you can be assured of guaranteed quality and a fast turnaround time. High project visibility, scalability, flexibility and substantial cost savings are some of the other benefits that we offer.
Software Development: As your business grows, you might find the need to develop customized software to make a few of your business processes easier or to simply keep a track of work. However, if software development is not one of your core skills, you will find that hiring a professional software developer can be very expensive. Outsource2india can build tailor-made software at a low cost and within a fast TAT. All you have to do is tell us your requirements and leave the rest to us.