CAD Conversion and Drafting Tools: SolidWorks
Gone are the days of paper drawings, charts and chart holders piling up in the engineering division of a business. Ever since computer applications started to control the reigns of various segments of businesses, every document has been digitized and converted into the electronic format which admittedly has a plethora of advantages over the paper format.
Why digitize engineering data?
There are several reasons as to why a company would want to convert its paper documents or designs into electronic designs for use with CAD software:
- Safety, security and easier transportation which does not dictate the same amount of caution and care as a paper document.
- Time-free technology that does not age or blur with time.
- Better viewing capacity and readability of drawings with majority of view options available in electronic documents like Zoom and Rotate.
- Easier modification of the design on an electronic interface with the ability to revert to older versions of the design.
- Compatibility with most CAD software applications featuring graphics interchange formats.
- Transported through a USB flash drive rather than a bulky chart holder.
- Eliminates the need for reproducing, copying and printing work.
SolidWorks is a Windows-based 3D mechanical CAD software application and is developed by Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corp. Used across the world by over a hundred thousand companies, and more than a million engineers, SolidWorks is one of the more popular tools in existence. Since it is a Parasolid-based modeling tool, it uses parameters to define the models and create assemblies. Generally for any figure, there are a specific number of parameters that completely define the shape. For instance, the plane in which you want the object to be and the dimensions define a square while the plane of a circle and its radius defines a circle. On the other hand, parameters can also be geometric in the sense they can define parallelism and perpendicularity to another object.
There are several features like design intent and feature merging in this software that makes this application a much sought after one. SolidWorks also supports feature-based building which makes the process of building and changing structures smoother and more responsive to changes. Every structure begins with the design of a 2D or 3D shape which can be modified and extruded to get a different combination or assembly.
We have a team of experts with exceptional skills in SolidWorks; their experience and expertise could be the factors that convert your design from mere ideas to electronic sketches. You could also give your paper drawings for CAD conversion.
Contact us with your requirements for CAD Conversions, 2D Modeling and other Mechanical Engineering solutions.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.