Case Study — Retail Planning
Our client was:
- Based in the United Kingdom
- A provider of property services for retailers, banks, and commercial organizations
- Looking for an outsourcing partner well-versed in UK building codes and regulations
The client had to reduce operational costs to stay competitive. They sought a long-term outsourcing partner, experienced in international drafting solutions, which could easily handle sudden increases in work volume and consistently deliver high-quality work. With over 11 years in the business, we were an easy choice. The biggest challenges facing us were:
- Living up to the expectations of the client, who had high expectations from its outsourcing partner
- Setting up a dedicated team that could deliver quality drawings for retail stores and supermarkets as per British building codes
- Ensuring that we needed minimal guidance to begin and complete the tasks given to us by the client
To ensure that we fully met the challenges facing the client and lived up to their expectations, we took a number of important and immediate steps:
- We hired a team of 2 highly-experienced drafters
- We created a team of 10 Full Time Equivalents (FTE)
- We sent the core team members to the United Kingdom for training
- We signed long-term employment contracts with our dedicated team for retention of the members, so that the client had their skills at his disposal for as long as we were handling the project
- We developed entire retail layouts from hand-drawn sketches and specs
- We used AutoCAD, 3DS Max and occasionally Photoshop as well
The client was extremely satisfied with our services and commitment to follow the guidelines given before the commencement of the project. Their satisfaction with our services reflected in their feedback and desire to continue outsourcing the project to us. Our focused approach and actions resulted in:
- Huge cost savings for the client, which was a precondition before awarding the job to an outsourcing partner. Our final drafts helped the client save at least £30,000 per month
- Quick turnaround time and consistently high-quality drawings as required by our client
- Our flexible schedule helped us respond to any sudden increase in work volumes. The drawings were ready for the client's review the next morning after we received them.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SAMPLES
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.