FEA Services for a Leading Engineering Services Company in the Gulf – Case Study
Our customer was a leading engineering services company, headquartered in the Gulf region. They were in the business of providing various engineering services to customers in different sectors such as construction, infrastructure, etc.
Our customer owned and operated a mass lift at their project site. This mass lift had a load bearing capacity of 1 ton. They wanted to increase the load bearing capacity of this mass lift from 1 ton to 3 ton. The engineering firm wanted us to conduct two technical procedures:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Fatigue Analysis (FA)
We conducted the technical processes of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Fatigue Analysis (FA) using ProE as part of the mechanical engineering services that we provide, as per the requirements of our customer.
We identified technical experts in our resource pool with sound knowledge and experience in this specific area of activity, and put together a team to work on this project. The team identified the key steps and the resources required to achieve the task and decided to do a simulation of the entire process to achieve high accuracy and top quality work.
Increasing the weight bearing capacity of the mass lift also involved increasing its height, achieving a high safety factor and optimizing the weight of the lift. Our team of experienced mechanical engineers created a list of the items required for completing the task with material specifications, known as the Bill of Material (BOM). This also helped them draw the project cost estimates.
Our mechanical engineering team successfully increased the load bearing capacity of the mass lift from 1 ton to 3 ton and that too within a very short turnaround time, to the pleasant surprise of our customer. Besides the core task, some of the key achievements of this project were as follows:
- We increased the height of the mass lift from 5 meters to 6 meters
- Optimized weight of the mass lift
- Achieved a safety factor of 2
- Delivered video animation files (in .avi format) of the analysis simulation
- Generated detailed analysis reports
Our past experience in providing similar services to other companies helped us in executing this project within a quick turnaround time and at competitive rates.
Benefits to the Customer
Our customer expressed complete satisfaction with the overall project deliverables. They were happy that we could:
- Complete the project in a very short turnaround time.
- Offer very competitive rates as compared to some other service providers.
- Provide detailed analysis reports.
Our customer has promised to approach us for similar services in the future and has offered to provide reference to new potential customers.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SAMPLES
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.