Detailing Services Provided For A Hydraulic Fixture - Case Study
Our customer is a leading engineering services company based in Canada. It has been providing engineering services to a renowned automobile manufacturing giant. For one of their projects they felt the need for mechanical engineering services but did not have the expertise. The company approached is for the same.
Our customer had a hydraulic fixture that required detailing services as part of mechanical engineering services. This fixture was to be used for their client's (automobile manufacturer's) project. We were asked to provide detailing services for the hydraulic clamping fixture. The engineering services company wanted us to use SolidWorks 2009 as they were comfortable with that software and felt it was the most appropriate tool for the task.
The project had to be completed within in a turnaround time of just one week. This was a very tight time span, as the process involved was very extensive and required meticulous planning and execution. We had prior experience in this area and also had the resources with the requisite skills sets. Hence, we felt confident of delivering the service and decided to take up this project. We had offered competitive rates which proved to be a key factor in winning this project.
We started by identifying experts with prior experience in our resource pool to work on this project. We quickly drew the project plan, which included detailed processes, tools to be used, resource allocation, etc. We implemented IT security measures at our center, which protected the project from internal as well as external threats.
Our team developed 2D manufacturing drawings that highlighted the specific details of the fixture. This included:
- Detailed designing of the hydraulic fixture
- The hydraulic circuit diagram
Out team of mechanical engineering experts then developed a 3D model based on the design. The core tooling detailing services provided by us included:
- Special purpose machine design
- Mould and die design
- Jig and fixture design
The key features that enabled us to complete this project as per our customer's requirements were:
- Our expertise in the area of activity
- Process driven approach
- Enhanced security
- Use of SolidWorks 2009
- Detailed 2D manufacturing drawings
- 3D model of the proposed solution
Benefits to the Customer
The important benefits that our customer gained from our services were:
- Significant cost savings
- Short turnaround time
- High-quality services
- 2D drawings and 3D model for records and future reference
- Satisfaction of a job well done
Yes, our customer was delighted with our mechanical engineering services and professional project management skills. They expressed satisfaction with the quality of work and promised to work with us again on similar requirements in the future.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team functioned as an extended team for an oil & gas company. We helped them complete the project in record time, resulting in substantial time and cost savings.
- Our FEA Services team has successfully completed FE Analysis and assisted in validation and certification of equipment used in offshore applications.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is involved in updating the current database of drawings in different CAD platforms and converting the same to a common CAD platform for a client.
- O2I's Mechanical Engineering team is working on creation of 2D CAD drawings for a large European food and beverage industry.
- We are providing Virtual Assistant services for Engineers and Consultants, supporting the in-house Engineering team in gathering Engineering Data for a large mass lift company.
- Our Engineering team is providing tool design assistance to a large shipping company.
- We are assisting a precision component manufacturer to convert large volumes of hand sketches to editable CAD files.
- Our Mechanical Engineering team is assisting a food and beverage company with re-engineering existing machinery and finding better design alternatives.
- The Mechanical 3D Product Animation team provided a scope break-up for 180 seconds of animation for an engineering consultancy & contracting company.
- Our CAD services team is providing design and documentation solution to a large precision component manufacturer in the Europe.
- Our Engineering team is currently executing a Reverse Engineering project for high precision components at our facilities.
- The Engineering team is involved in concept design of mass lifting components for a large shipping company.
- Our Mechanical Engineers completed a CAD conversion project for a large consulting firm in record time while also ensuring the highest quality.
- Our Engineers and styling experts are working on providing assistance to our client in restoring vintage vehicles.
- The Mechanical Engineering team is updating 3D models and conversion of the same models to different modeling platforms for an F&B company.
- Our team is helping an automotive company to customize product display of automotive components.
- The Engineering team at O2I is executing concept design of equipment used in the agricultural industries.
- We are assisting a large aerospace company in converting a large number of hand sketches to CAD drawings.