A Case Study on Product Support Services for a Leading Network Security Company
The client is a primary network security information management company based in USA with its business spread across all major parts of the world.
The business challenge
The client realized the need for a strong support setup along with the product sales. The client is curious to find a partner who could support them in eliminating the risk of failure and can cater to their unique needs. The challenges faced by the client were:
- Enhanced pressure for product support to the US support team due to a rapidly growing customer base
- 8x5 US functional timings which meant operations limited to US day time
- Demand for reduction in turnaround times for non-US customers like Asian and European customers
- Demand to reduce support costs
We identified and assembled a dedicated team of product support engineers who were highly qualified and experienced in the streams of Oracle, Networking, Operating systems and Network Security. We also setup a secure and dedicated support operations center with voice, email and internet infrastructure. The operations center was highly secure and capable of hosting a test simulation environment.
The entire solution was implemented in a series of phases:
- Started first providing US night time operations and then started providing 24x7 operations
- Initially started with e-mail support and later included voice support and chat support
- Implementation of the severity levels of support in the form of a resolution process
- Implementation of an escalation process to escalate the critical defects to the engineering team in the US
- Implementation of a call tracking system to collate all call-related data
- Creation of a formal training program to improve support operations
- Establishment of a dashboard and MIS to improve support operations
We were able to meet the requirements of the client precisely with 6 months of the project. In this period we were able to improve the quality of the client's support operations and enhance their overall business process.
Some of the areas of improvement include
- Reduced workload for the support team in the US
- Implementation of 24x7 support operations
- Improved support for worldwide customers
- Diminution in the overall costs as a result of offshoring
- An increase in customer satisfaction
Contact us to outsource product support services to O2I.